See the table below for recommended doses based upon body weight. Kan products are liquids and tablets. Natural Path products are granules.
(mls liquid extract)
(550 mg tablets)
(tsp granular extract)
|240||500||-||-||1.50 - 3.00|
|360||800||-||-||2.00 - 4.00|
|480||1000||-||-||2.25 - 4.50|
|600||1300||-||-||2.50 - 5.00|
- Are derived from the experiences of many practitioners
- Should be low enough to be safe
- Should be high enough to produce results
Practitioners always assume ultimate responsibility for the dose used of any product. Keep in mind that:
- You can start with half doses if unsure if the formula is a good choice or if cost is an issue
- Use full doses if problems are pronounced
- Higher than normal doses are usually well tolerated if the formula is a good fit
- Lower than normal doses will likely still have at least some effect if the formula is a good fit
Doses on the labels of Kan Essentials are usually lower than what is stated here and are prorated down from standard human doses based on body weight. They err on the side of caution, but can sometimes be too low to work reliably. The chart below is based on body surface area, which is considered more accurate in calculating doses.
Doses may be increased for more severe problems, either by increasing the amount given or administering more often each day.